RHBA-2005:741 - Bug Fix Advisory
GFS bug fix update
Bug Fix Advisory
An updated GFS package that fixes various bugs is now available.
The GFS package provides the user level tools necessary to mount and use
The following bugs were discovered in fsck and addressed in this update:
- Hangs or segfaults if duplicate blocks were present.
- Improper handling of extended attributes.
- Erroneous reporting of bitmap corruption.
All users of GFS should upgrade to this updated package, which resolves
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
To update all RPMs for your particular architecture, run:
rpm -Fvh [filenames]
where [filenames] is a list of the RPMs you wish to upgrade. Only those
RPMs which are currently installed will be updated. Those RPMs which are
not installed but included in the list will not be updated. Note that you
can also use wildcards (*.rpm) if your current directory *only* contains the
Please note that this update is also available via Red Hat Network. Many
people find this an easier way to apply updates. To use Red Hat Network,
launch the Red Hat Update Agent with the following command:
This will start an interactive process that will result in the appropriate
RPMs being upgraded on your system.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage for x86_64 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage for x86_64 4 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage for x86_64 4 i386
- BZ - 160525 - GFS fsck not handling extended attributes correctly
- BZ - 160835 - fsck erroneously reporting bitmap corruption when converting bits from free_metadata -> free_data
- BZ - 162709 - gfs_fsck fails to complete, can't mount the device.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage for x86_64 4