RHBA-2005:634 - Bug Fix Advisory
samba bug fix update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated Samba packages that fix two errors are now available.
The samba package provides file and printer sharing services to SMB/CIFS
This update addresses the following issues:
- - Enhanced Samba so it can successfully authenticate against a Win2k3
- - Fixed a documentation error concerning the "use sendfile" parameter in
the smb.conf manual page
All users of samba should upgrade to this updated package, which resolves
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. To use Red Hat Network,
launch the Red Hat Update Agent with the following command:
This will start an interactive process that will result in the appropriate
RPMs being upgraded on your system.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 3 ppc
- BZ - 156068 - win2003 sp1 breaks samba winbind
This erratum does not contain any packages.