RHBA-2004:430 - Bug Fix Advisory
Updated samba packages
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated samba packages that fix a SIGBUS during a smbmnt on ppc64 platforms
are now available.
Samba provides file and printer sharing services to SMB/CIFS clients.
The samba-3.0.4-6.3E packages included backported security fixes from
samba-3.0.5 as requested by IBM, but was compiled with an option that
caused the smbmnt program to get a SIGBUS on ppc64 platforms. The message
"killed with signal 7" appeared for every SMB mount request, and the mount
did not succeed.
This issue is fixed with samba-3.0.4-6.6E, which removed the compile option
that caused the bug for ppc64 platform builds.
All ppc64 users of samba should upgrade to these updated packages, which
resolve this issue.
Before applying this update, make sure that all previously-released
errata relevant to your system have been applied. Use Red Hat
Network to download and update your packages. To launch the Red Hat
Update Agent, use the following command:
For information on how to install packages manually, refer to the
following Web page for the System Administration or Customization
guide specific to your system:
To fix, install these packages:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 3 ppc
This erratum does not contain any packages.