RHBA-2004:299 - Bug Fix Advisory
Updated sendmail packages
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated sendmail packages that include various bug fixes are now available.
Sendmail is a very widely used Mail Transport Agent (MTA). MTAs deliver
mail from one machine to another. Sendmail is not a client program, but
rather a behind-the-scenes daemon that moves email over networks or the
Internet to its final destination.
This updated package fixes the following problems:
- /etc/mail/Makefile complains missing sendmail-cf package
- certificate directory not /usr/share/ssl/certs
- wrong ownership of libmilter include directory
All users of sendmail should upgrade to these updated packages, which
resolve these issues.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
To update all RPMs for your particular architecture, run:
rpm -Fvh [filenames]
where [filenames] is a list of the RPMs you wish to upgrade. Only those
RPMs which are currently installed will be updated. Those RPMs which are
not installed but included in the list will not be updated. Note that you
can also use wildcards (*.rpm) if your current directory *only* contains the
Please note that this update is also available via Red Hat Network. Many
people find this an easier way to apply updates. To use Red Hat Network,
launch the Red Hat Update Agent with the following command:
This will start an interactive process that will result in the appropriate
RPMs being upgraded on your system.
If up2date fails to connect to Red Hat Network due to SSL
Certificate Errors, you need to install a version of the
up2date client with an updated certificate. The latest version of
up2date is available from the Red Hat FTP site and may also be
downloaded directly from the RHN website:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 3 ppc
- BZ - 123348 - make sendmail.cf silently fails without sendmail-cf RPM
- BZ - 125795 - STARTTLS configuration on but no certs created
This erratum does not contain any packages.