RHBA-2003:330 - Bug Fix Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
An updated Red Hat Cluster Manager (clumanager) package is available which
fixes various bugs.
Red Hat Cluster Manager provides high availability of critical server
applications in the event of planned or unplanned system downtime.
Various bugs in Red Hat Cluster Manager have been discovered and addressed
- Workaround for some WTI RPS-10 power switches replying with "PRS-10
Ready" instead of "RPS-10 Ready"
- Support for APC MasterSwitch Plus (daisy-chain mode not supported) and
newer APC MasterSwitch (AP9211/AP9212) firmware & multi-user mode
- Fixes segmentation fault when WTI NPS-115 has reboot delay of more than
five (5) seconds
- Fixes segmentation fault on startup when RPS-10 power switch is not
connected to serial port
- Fixes strange fail-over behavior when service user script is improperly
- Cluadmin's "cluster backup" and "cluster restore" functions work properly
Users of Red Hat Cluster Manager are advised to upgrade to the errata
packages containing these bug fixes.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
To update all RPMs for your particular architecture, run:
rpm -Fvh [filenames]
where [filenames] is a list of the RPMs you wish to upgrade. Only those
RPMs which are currently installed will be updated. Those RPMs which are
not installed but included in the list will not be updated. Note that you
can also use wildcards (*.rpm) if your current directory *only* contains the
Please note that this update is also available via Red Hat Network. Many
people find this an easier way to apply updates. To use Red Hat Network,
launch the Red Hat Update Agent with the following command:
This will start an interactive process that will result in the appropriate
RPMs being upgraded on your system.
If up2date fails to connect to Red Hat Network due to SSL
Certificate Errors, you need to install a version of the
up2date client with an updated certificate. The latest version of
up2date is available from the Red Hat FTP site and may also be
downloaded directly from the RHN website:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 2 ia64
- BZ - 78667 - RHCM bug fixes related to APCMasterSwitch and redundant power supplies
- BZ - 92451 - cluster restore is busted
- BZ - 92460 - cluquorumd dies when RPS-10 power switches are not connected at startup
- BZ - 101609 - Strange Failover behavior
- BZ - 102447 - AP9212 firmware breaks apcmaster STONITH driver
- BZ - 103721 - segmentation fault in clustonith -v -l with WTI serial power switches
- BZ - 108393 - wti_nps.so segfaults if reboot time set to >5 seconds
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 2