SEP Hybrid Backup & Recovery
SEP Hybrid Backup & Recovery
SEP offers a software solution to protect data in hybrid environments of any size. Supporting the widest range of operating systems, hypervisors, databases and applications, SEP is comprehensive, highly scalable and easy to implement into any changing or growing environment. SEP replaces multiple backup products with a single solution for hybrid IT environments – physical, virtual and cloud. Exceptional remote management capabilities allow users to easily and efficiently manage data protection from a central location or remote workstation. SEP can back up to and recover from any location – onsite or offsite, physical or virtual, private or public cloud.
SEP Data Protection Solutions for Red Hat:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux
SEP has partnered with Red Hat and Linux for over a decade and continue to collaborate to deliver solutions that help customers improve productivity and data accessibility. SEP and Red Hat jointly developed RHEL solutions for varied system topologies that are optimized to exceed Recovery Point Objectives. Utilize the SEP power-horse for Red Hat in Linux infrastructures.
Red Hat Virtualization
SEP offers a fully integrated solution for Red Hat Virtualization with native backup API support and advanced snapshot backups. The SEP for RHV data protection solution provides fast and intuitive VM restores without the need to install backup clients on each virtual machine. Special disaster recovery procedures are no longer required. RTOs and RPOs can easily be fulfilled. A key advantage of the SEP data protection platform is the optional command line interface that enables highly customized administration of the backup and restore processes in any environment.
- Agentless snapshots
- Uninterrupted snapshot backup
- Native API backups
- Built-in encryption capabilities
- VMs are backed up via direct communication between SEP & the RHV hypervisor
- Single enterprise management interface
- Image level backups of any VM
- Cold Backups, Agent Based Backups & API Based Hot Backups are all supported
- Granularity - SEP supports RHV single server and RHV cluster backups with the API. SEP can back up everything from the VM configuration, the individual disk of a single VM, to all virtual machines on a RHV cluster.
- Single RHV VM relocation restore support - restore VM to any RHV location, server or cluster, in the environment.
- Perform a simple path restore of a selected RHV VM configuration directly to a directory on any system, rather than restoring and importing a VM to the RHV environment.
- Utilize SEP deduplication and replication to efficiently & cost effectively manage backups and significantly reduce required disk storage.
- Full support for both RHEV and RHV
Red Hat Storage
Data Backup, Disaster Recovery, Redundancy and Replication at your fingertips with SEP Hybrid Backup for Red Hat Storage
Red Hat Storage Server provides global replication with a single point of administration. The replication is latency aware, object based and flawlessly works with SEP Si3 inline deduplication. The Open Stack Gluster FS offers unlimited storage growth using any kind of disk storage. Simply add storage capacity for new backup jobs to the Red Hat Storage Server and SEP is ready to use the new backup space right away. This scalable and redundant backup-solution-stack allows tearing and backup-data-migration on any storage hardware or cloud storage.
Red Hat Certifications
This product has been certified to run on the following Red Hat products and technologies:
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.x||Self-Certified|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x||Self-Certified|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x||Self-Certified|