This partnership certifies that Red Hat offerings have been validated in Microsoft Azure. Support paths have been established to ensure continuity of service if issues arise, and management and update mechanisms are integrated for full life-cycle support. Updates are provided automatically to you for Red Hat product images that are certified and supported by Red Hat. They include any critical errata or updates so that you always have the most current Red Hat product images.More about our partnership
There are two ways to use Red Hat products in an Azure environment.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux On-Demand
On-Demand images of Red Hat Enterprise Linux are available in the Azure Marketplace. Only pay for the time that you use the instance.
On-Demand customers should not register their systems with the Red Hat Subscription Management. On-Demand images get their content updates through the Red Hat Update Infrastructure, which connects to the Red Hat Content Delivery Network.
Perform these steps to install and configure a custom Red Hat Enterprise Linux virtual machine in Microsoft Azure.
Products available as On-Demand images in Azure are pre-configured and do not require provisioning. If you prefer to use an On-Demand image instead of a custom image through the Red Hat Cloud Access program, see Creating a Red Hat Enterprise Linux Virtual Machine in Microsoft Azure Using an On-Demand Marketplace RHEL Image .
Create a virtual machine.
Configure the virtual machine.
Customize the RHEL VM image so you can convert it to the Microsoft Azure image format.
- Frequently Asked Questions and Recommended Practices for Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Azure Troubleshooting
- Installing Red Hat CloudForms on Microsoft Azure
- Deploying Red Hat Gluster Storage on a Public Cloud
- Configuring Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform on Microsoft Azure
- OpenShift Container Platform 3.11 Day 2 Operations Guide
- Video: OpenShift on Azure using QuickStarts
- Using JBoss EAP on Microsoft Azure
- Using .NET Core in OpenShift Container Platform
.NET CORE on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Red Hat and Microsoft have partnered to bring .NET Core to our joint customers.
Red Hat and Microsoft support .NET Core integration with Red Hat solutions for enhanced integration of Red Hat CloudForms with System Center VMM. This is great for consistent workload management in a hybrid environment.
Users of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and RHEL-based Red Hat products can develop and run .NET Core applications directly on RHEL 7, including Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host and Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. You can get .NET Core as a collection of RPMs or as a source-to-image- (S2I-) compatible docker container, which can also be used in OpenShift Container Platform.
Red Hat conducted a .NET Core on RHEL webinar last year to demonstrate why developers should use .NET Core to develop applications. Even though .NET Core continues to evolve since then, the three-part video series provides a solid introduction to the open source version of the .NET framework.
Red Hat and Microsoft intend to enable, ship, and support Microsoft .NET Core on:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform
See Red Hat Developers to learn more about building with .NET Core on the proven and trusted Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
How Can We Help You?
Microsoft customers should only access Red Hat support if directed by your Microsoft Azure platform support engineer.
As part of this effort Red Hat:
- Provides customers with security advisories and updates that are easily accessible.
- Investigates and addresses security issues.
- Provides timely fixes for security issues.
- Proactively address customer exposure, often before issues arise.
- Tracks alerts and security issues from the community.
RED HAT PARTICIPATION IN AZURE FORUMS
The Microsoft Community Forums (TechNET and MSDN) are public-facing engagement platforms where Microsoft and Red Hat resources can jointly respond to and provide solutions for inquiries related to Red Hat products running within the Azure Cloud Fabric.
Red Hat resources have been granted elevated roles within forums to provide a greater level of authenticity for the information and solutions being offered as well as the opportunity to demonstrate the extent of the partnership.
See the Customer Platform Blog for more information.
Portal integration ensures that a customer consuming on-demand content will be able to open a case with Red Hat.
- Red Hat monitors and responds to questions in Microsoft’s forums.
- Red Hat has a presence in MSDN and Stack Overflow forums and is initially monitoring MSDN and Stack Overflow’s Linux forums.
- Red Hat may create new Red Hat forums if there is sufficient volume.
- Portal integration places a RHEL subscription in the customer's user account that has been mapped to their Azure subscription.