D.2. Directories in the /etc/sysconfig/ Directory
- This directory is used by the now deprecated Network Administration Tool (
system-config-network), and its contents should not be edited manually. For more information about configuring network interfaces using graphical configuration tools, see Chapter 10, NetworkManager.
For more information on the
- Network configuration files for each configured network interface, such as
- Scripts used to bring network interfaces up and down, such as
- Scripts used to bring ISDN interfaces up and down, such as
- Various shared network function scripts which should not be edited directly.
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/directory, see Chapter 11, Network Interfaces.
- This directory contains the configuration files and GPG keys for Red Hat Network. No files in this directory should be edited by hand. For more information on Red Hat Network, see the Red Hat Network website online at https://rhn.redhat.com/.