Language and Page Formatting Options
5.6. Creating and Editing Activation Keys
After you have successfully published a Content View, you need to create an Activation Key to associate with a Host Group.
Creating and Editing an Activation Key Using the Web UI
- On the main menu, click Content → Activation Keys → Create Activation Key.
- In the Name field, enter a name.
If applicable, clear the Unlimited Hosts check box. It is selected by default.
You can use this field to control how many times a given activation key is used. For example, if you associate the key with a subscription that has a limited quantity, you can set the limit on the activation key to eliminate exceeding that quantity.
- Select the check box for your environment.
- In the Content View drop-down list, select the RHEL 7 x86_64 Content View, and then click Save.
- On the Activation Keys page, click the Subscriptions tab, then click the Add tab to display the list of available subscriptions.
- From the list of available subscriptions, select the subscriptions you want to add.
- Click Add Selected.
If you do not plan to use Satellite Server to patch your systems, continue to Creating Provisioning Templates.