Language and Page Formatting Options
4.2. Creating a Custom Product
You can enable a repository with custom packages, but you must first manually create a Product for the repository.
Creating Custom Products Using the Web UI
- Click Content → Products and then click Create Product.
- Enter a name for your custom Product.
- Click Save.
- After the screen refreshes, click Create Repository.
- Enter Puppet Modules in the Name field.
- In the Type field, Puppet. Leave the URL field blank.
- Click Save.
Uploading Puppet Modules to the Repository Using the Web UI
You can now upload a Puppet Module to the Puppet Module repository. You can also use the https://forge.puppetlabs.com as the URL to mirror Puppet Forge locally. All of the content from Puppet Forge is available on your Satellite Server. However, this requires downloading over 2700 modules and can take considerable time, depending on available bandwidth. This example uses the motd module because it is simple, and has no dependencies on other modules. If you want to upload packages with large files, use the Hammer CLI.
- Download the motd Puppet module from https://forge.puppetlabs.com/jeffmccune/motd. The file that you download will have a .tar.gz extension.
- Click Content → Products and click Custom Products in the Name field.
- On the Repositories tab, click Puppet Modules to modify the Puppet Modules repository.
- In the Upload Package section, click Choose Files, and navigate to the motd module that you downloaded.
- Click Upload.