16.3.8. Troubleshooting migration
The following issues can arise during instance migration:
- The migration process encounters errors.
- The migration process never ends.
- Performance of the instance degrades after migration.
18.104.22.168. Errors during migration
The following issues can send the migration operation into an
- Running a cluster with different versions of Red Hat OpenStack Platform (RHOSP).
- Specifying an instance ID that cannot be found.
The instance you are trying to migrate is in an
- The Compute service is shutting down.
- A race condition occurs.
Live migration enters a
When live migration enters a
failed state, it is typically followed by an
error state. The following common issues can cause a
- A destination Compute host is not available.
- A scheduler exception occurs.
- The rebuild process fails due to insufficient computing resources.
- A server group check fails.
- The instance on the source Compute node gets deleted before migration to the destination Compute node is complete.