Show Table of Contents
Updated yum-utils packages that fix four bugs and add three enhancements are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
The yum-utils packages provide a collection of utilities and examples for the Yum package manager.
- Prior to this update, The reposync utility wrongly set the exit code "0" if a package was not downloaded. This update modifies the underlying code so that reposync now sets the exit code "1" if a package is either not correctly signed or fails to download.
- Prior to this update, the yumdownloader tool tried to download a package from all repositores that provided that particular package. As a result, after the first download a message was displayed that the file already existed. This update modifies the yumdownloader so that duplicated download attempts are now avoided.
- Prior to this update, the yum-debug-restore tool recognized only that the latest version of a package was installed. As a consequence, older kernel packages were not restored. This update adds support for "installonly" packages, so the whole set of installed kernel packages is restored.
- Prior to this update, the man page for the package-cleanup tool did not mention the changed semantics of the "--count" option. This update modifies the man page so that the "--count" option is now correctly documented.
- Prior to this update, yum could not list the dependencies and the already installed packages in the repositories that satisfy these dependencies. This update adds the "show-changed-rco" command to give a compact description of the changes to Requires, Conflicts, and Obsoletes data from installed or old files.
- Prior to this update, the repodiff tool only compared packages based on their name. This update adds the "--compare-arch" option to the repodiff tool to compare also the architecture.
- Prior to this update, the package-cleanup tool did not correctly handle kernel-PAE and kernel-xen packages. This update adds support for kernel-PAE and kernel-xen packages.
All users of yum-utils are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which fix these bugs and add these enhancements.