5.268. qpid-cpp, python-qpid, and saslwrapper
Updated qpid-cpp, python-qpid, and saslwrapper packages that fix multiple bugs and add various enhancements are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
Qpid provides a message broker daemon that receives, stores and routes messages using the open AMQP messaging protocol along with run-time libraries for AMQP client applications developed using Qpid C++. Clients exchange messages with an AMQP message broker using the AMQP protocol.
All qpid packages have been upgraded to upstream version 0.14, which provides a number of bug fixes and enhancements over the previous version. (BZ#765803, BZ#765863)
- Prior to this update, the spec file incorrectly used the "Vendor" tag. As a consequence, rebuilds could, under certain circumstances, incorrectly label packages. This update removes the "Vendor" tag.
- Prior to this update, the qpid daemon could, under certain circumstances, abort with a segmentation fault when attempting to shut down the SslPlugin if the plug-in was loaded without setting the "--ssl-cert-db" option. This update modifies the ssl.so module so that the SslPlugin shuts now down as expected.
- Prior to this update, the service qpid daemon was always enabled by default, which was not required. This update modifies the service settings so that the qpidd service is no longer enabled by default but only when required.
- This update provides the environment variable "QPIDC_CONF_FILE" to allow to specify the location to look for the configuration file of the client.
- This update adds the python-saslwrapper package as a dependency for qpid-stat so that qpid-stat can use the DIGEST-MD5 module to authenticate to a broker.
- With this update, the spec file depends on specific boost-* packages instead of the boost metapackage.
- This update adds support for 64-bit PowerPC and IBM System z platforms to the python-saslwrapper package.
All users of qpid-cpp are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which fix these bugs and add these enhancements.