Updated perl-Sys-Virt packages that fix multiple bugs and add various enhancements are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
The perl-Sys-Virt packages provide application programming interfaces (APIs) to manage virtual machines from Perl with the libvirt library.
The perl-Sys-Virt package has been upgraded to upstream version 0.9.10, which provides a number of bug fixes and enhancements over the previous version. (BZ#752436)
- Prior to this update, the perl-Sys-Virt spec file did not contain the "perl(Time::HiRes)" requirement. As a consequence, perl-Sys-Virt could not be rebuild in mock mode. This update adds the missing requirement to the spec file. Now, perl-Sys-Virt can is rebuild in mock mode as expected.
- Prior to this update, the perl-Sys-Virt man page did not document the "$flags" parameter for the "get_xml_description" executable. This update modifies the man page so that the parameter is correctly documented.
- Prior to this update, the default settings for the remote domain memory statistics used a length of 16 bits only. As a consequence, the get_node_cpu_stats() function could send the libvirt error "code: 1, message: internal error nparams too large". This update modifies libvirt so that the maximum length is now 1024 bits.
- Prior to this update, the bandwidth in the "block_pull and set_block_job_speed" method was incorrectly given in Kilobytes per second (Kb/s). This update changes the bandwidth unit to Megabytes per second (Mb/s).
- Prior to this update, the bandwidth for maximum migration bandwidth was incorrectly given in Kilobytes per second (Kb/s). This update changes the maximum migration bandwidth unit to Megabytes per second (Mb/s).
- Prior to this update, the documentation for "Sys::Virt::StoragePool" incorrectly stated that the object method "get_info()" returns a hash. This update corrects this misprint and correctly states that object method returns a hash reference.
- Prior to this update, the Perl API bindings could not handle tunable parameters in string format. As a consequence, the block I/O tunable parameters could not be read or updated. This update adds support for string parameters. Now, the block I/O tunable parameters can be read and updated from the Perl API.
All users of perl-Sys-Virt are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which fix these bugs and add these enhancements.