18.104.22.168. Exporting common variables for ARM templates
You must export a common set of variables that are used with the provided Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates used to assist in completing a user-provided infrastructure install on Microsoft Azure.
Specific ARM templates can also require additional exported variables, which are detailed in their related procedures.
- Obtain the OpenShift Container Platform installation program and the pull secret for your cluster.
Export common variables found in the
install-config.yamlto be used by the provided ARM templates:
$ export CLUSTER_NAME=<cluster_name>1 $ export AZURE_REGION=<azure_region>2 $ export SSH_KEY=<ssh_key>3 $ export BASE_DOMAIN=<base_domain>4 $ export BASE_DOMAIN_RESOURCE_GROUP=<base_domain_resource_group>5
- The value of the
.metadata.nameattribute from the
- The region to deploy the cluster into, for example
centralus. This is the value of the
.platform.azure.regionattribute from the
- The SSH RSA public key file as a string. You must enclose the SSH key in quotes since it contains spaces. This is the value of the
.sshKeyattribute from the
- The base domain to deploy the cluster to. The base domain corresponds to the public DNS zone that you created for your cluster. This is the value of the
.baseDomainattribute from the
- The resource group where the public DNS zone exists. This is the value of the
.platform.azure.baseDomainResourceGroupNameattribute from the
$ export CLUSTER_NAME=test-cluster $ export AZURE_REGION=centralus $ export SSH_KEY="ssh-rsa xxx/xxx/xxx= firstname.lastname@example.org" $ export BASE_DOMAIN=example.com $ export BASE_DOMAIN_RESOURCE_GROUP=ocp-cluster
Export the kubeadmin credentials:
$ export KUBECONFIG=<installation_directory>/auth/kubeconfig 1
<installation_directory>, specify the path to the directory that you stored the installation files in.