2.3.5. Deploying the cluster
You can install OpenShift Container Platform on a compatible cloud platform.
You can run the
create cluster command of the installation program only once, during initial installation.
- Configure an account with the cloud platform that hosts your cluster.
- Obtain the OpenShift Container Platform installation program and the pull secret for your cluster.
Run the installation program:
$ ./openshift-install create cluster --dir=<installation_directory> \ 1 --log-level=info 2重要
Specify an empty directory. Some installation assets, like bootstrap X.509 certificates have short expiration intervals, so you must not reuse an installation directory. If you want to reuse individual files from another cluster installation, you can copy them into your directory. However, the file names for the installation assets might change between releases. Use caution when copying installation files from an earlier OpenShift Container Platform version.
Provide values at the prompts:
Optional: Select an SSH key to use to access your cluster machines.注記
For production OpenShift Container Platform clusters on which you want to perform installation debugging or disaster recovery, specify an SSH key that your
- Select aws as the platform to target.
- If you do not have an Amazon Web Services (AWS) profile stored on your computer, enter the AWS access key ID and secret access key for the user that you configured to run the installation program.
- Select the AWS region to deploy the cluster to.
- Select the base domain for the Route 53 service that you configured for your cluster.
- Enter a descriptive name for your cluster.
- Paste the pull secret that you obtained from the Pull Secret page on the Red Hat OpenShift Cluster Manager site.
If the cloud provider account that you configured on your host does not have sufficient permissions to deploy the cluster, the installation process stops, and the missing permissions are displayed.
When the cluster deployment completes, directions for accessing your cluster, including a link to its web console and credentials for the
kubeadminuser, display in your terminal.重要
The Ignition config files that the installation program generates contain certificates that expire after 24 hours, which are then renewed at that time. If the cluster is shut down before renewing the certificates and the cluster is later restarted after the 24 hours have elapsed, the cluster automatically recovers the expired certificates. The exception is that you must manually approve the pending
node-bootstrappercertificate signing requests (CSRs) to recover kubelet certificates. See the documentation for Recovering from expired control plane certificates for more information.重要
You must not delete the installation program or the files that the installation program creates. Both are required to delete the cluster.
Optional: Remove or disable the
AdministratorAccesspolicy from the IAM account that you used to install the cluster.