8.3.11. Creating the installation configuration file
You can customize the OpenShift Container Platform cluster you install on Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Red Hat OpenStack Platform (RHOSP).
- Obtain the OpenShift Container Platform installation program and the pull secret for your cluster.
Run the following command:
$ ./openshift-install create install-config --dir=<installation_directory> 1
<installation_directory>, specify the directory name to store the files that the installation program creates.
Specify an empty directory. Some installation assets, like bootstrap X.509 certificates have short expiration intervals, so you must not reuse an installation directory. If you want to reuse individual files from another cluster installation, you can copy them into your directory. However, the file names for the installation assets might change between releases. Use caution when copying installation files from an earlier OpenShift Container Platform version.
At the prompts, provide the configuration details for your cloud:
Optional: Select an SSH key to use to access your cluster machines.注記
For production OpenShift Container Platform clusters on which you want to perform installation debugging or disaster recovery, specify an SSH key that your
- Select gcp as the platform to target.
- If you have not configured the service account key for your GCP account on your computer, you must obtain it from GCP and paste the contents of the file or enter the absolute path to the file.
- Select the project ID to provision the cluster in. The default value is specified by the service account that you configured.
- Select the region to deploy the cluster to.
- Select the base domain to deploy the cluster to. The base domain corresponds to the public DNS zone that you created for your cluster.
- Select openstack as the platform to target.
- Specify the Red Hat OpenStack Platform (RHOSP) external network name to use for installing the cluster.
- Specify the floating IP address to use for external access to the OpenShift API.
- Specify a RHOSP flavor with at least 16 GB RAM to use for control plane and compute nodes.
- Select the base domain to deploy the cluster to. All DNS records will be sub-domains of this base and will also include the cluster name.
- Enter a name for your cluster. The name must be 14 or fewer characters long.
- Paste the pull secret that you obtained from the Pull Secret page on the Red Hat OpenShift Cluster Manager site.
install-config.yamlfile. You can find more information about the available parameters in the Installation configuration parameters section.
Back up the
install-config.yamlfile so that you can use it to install multiple clusters.重要
install-config.yamlfile is consumed during the installation process. If you want to reuse the file, you must back it up now.
You now have the file
install-config.yaml in the directory that you specified.