Capítulo 3. Creating system images with Image Builder command-line interface
Image Builder is a tool for creating custom system images. To control Image Builder and create your custom system images, use the command-line interface which is currently the preferred method to use Image Builder.
3.1. Image Builder command-line interface
Image Builder command-line interface is currently the preferred method to use Image Builder. It offers more functionality than the Web console interface. To use this interface, run the
composer-cli command with suitable options and subcommands.
The workflow for the command-line interface can be summarized as follows:
- Export (save) the blueprint definition to a plain text file
- Edit this file in a text editor
- Import (push) the blueprint text file back into Image Builder
- Run a compose to build an image from the blueprint
- Export the image file to download it
Apart from the basic subcommands to achieve this procedure, the
composer-cli command offers many subcommands to examine the state of configured blueprints and composes.
To run the
composer-cli command as non-root, user must be in the