4.7. Creating a user account for a blueprint
The images created by Image Builder have the root account locked and no other accounts included. Such configuration is provided in order to ensure that you cannot accidentally build and deploy an image without a password. Image Builder enables you to create a user account with password for a blueprint so that you can log in to the image created from the blueprint.
- You have opened the Image Builder interface of the RHEL 8 web console in a browser.
- You have an existing blueprint.
Locate the blueprint that you want to create a user account for by entering its name or a part of it into the search box at the top left, and press Enter.
The search is added to the list of filters under the text entry field, and the list of blueprints below is reduced to those that match the search.
Click on the blueprint name to display the blueprint details.
Click Create User Account.
This will open a window with fields for user account creation.
- Fill in the details. Notice that when you insert the name, the User name field autocompletes, suggesting a username.
- Once you have inserted all the desired details, click Create.
The created user account appears showing all the information you have inserted.
- To create further user accounts for the blueprint, repeat the process.