Chapter 19. Managing Guests with the Virtual Machine Manager (virt-manager)
virt-manager) windows, dialog boxes, and various GUI controls.
virt-managerprovides a graphical view of hypervisors and guests on your host system and on remote host systems.
virt-managercan perform virtualization management tasks, including:
- defining and creating guests,
- assigning memory,
- assigning virtual CPUs,
- monitoring operational performance,
- saving and restoring, pausing and resuming, and shutting down and starting guests,
- links to the textual and graphical consoles, and
- live and offline migrations.
virsh list --allcommand, it is most likely due to you running the command using a different user than you used to create the virtual machine.
19.1. Starting virt-manager
virt-managersession open the menu, then the menu and select (
virt-managermain window appears.
Figure 19.1. Starting
virt-managercan be started remotely using
sshas demonstrated in the following command:
ssh -X host's address[remotehost]#
sshto manage virtual machines and hosts is discussed further in Section 18.2, “Remote Management with SSH”.