Chapter 4. Requirements
To begin using the subscriptions service, you must meet the following software requirements. For more complete information about these requirements, contact your Red Hat account team.
4.1. Red Hat Enterprise Linux
You must meet at least one of the following requirements for Red Hat Enterprise Linux management:
RHEL managed by Satellite.
- The minimum Satellite version is 6.7 or later (versions that are under full support).
- RHEL managed by Red Hat Insights.
- RHEL managed by Red Hat Subscription Management.
4.2. Red Hat OpenShift
You must meet the following requirements for Red Hat OpenShift management, based on your product version and subscription type:
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform with an Annual subscription
- RHOCP version 4.1 or later managed with the monitoring stack tools and OpenShift Cluster Manager.
- RHOCP version 3.11 with RHEL nodes managed by Insights, Satellite, or Red Hat Subscription Management.
RHOCP with a pay-as-you-go On-Demand subscription
- RHOCP version 4.7 or later managed with the monitoring stack tools and OpenShift Cluster Manager.
Red Hat OpenShift Dedicated with a pay-as-you-go On-Demand subscription
- OpenShift Dedicated version 4.7 or later. The monitoring stack tools and OpenShift Cluster Manager are always in use for OpenShift Dedicated.
4.3. Red Hat Cloud Services
The Red Hat Cloud Services portfolio includes managed services that rely on Red Hat infrastructure. Part of that infrastructure is the Red Hat OpenShift monitoring stack tools that, among other jobs, supply data about subscription usage to the subscriptions service.
Some of the services in the Red Hat Cloud Services portfolio might also gather and display their own usage data that is independent of the data that is gathered by the Red Hat OpenShift monitoring stack tools and displayed in the subscriptions service. The data displayed in these service-level dashboards is designed more for the needs of the owners of individual clusters, instances, and so on. For example, Red Hat OpenShift Streams for Apache Kafka displays its own instance-level usage data in a dashboard when you view instance details. However, the Red Hat OpenShift platform core capabilities provided by the monitoring stack tools typically gather and process the data that is used in the subscriptions service.
Red Hat OpenShift Streams for Apache Kafka with a pay-as-you-go On-Demand subscription
- For the Red Hat OpenShift Streams for Apache Kafka service, no user setup of the monitoring stack tools is necessary.