Chapter 4. Upgrading a Remote Database Environment from 4.3 to Red Hat Virtualization 4.4
Upgrading your environment from 4.3 to 4.4 involves the following steps:
- Make sure you meet the prerequisites, including enabling the correct repositories
- Use the Log Collection Analysis tool to check for issues that might prevent a successful upgrade
- Update the 4.3 Manager to the latest version of 4.3
- Upgrade the Manager from 4.3 to 4.4
- Upgrade the database from PostgreSQL 10.0 to 12.0
- Migrate hosts and virtual machines while reducing virtual machine downtime.
- (Optional) Upgrade RHVH while preserving local storage.
- Update the compatibility version of the clusters.
- Reboot any running or suspended virtual machines to update their configuration.
- Update the compatibility version of the data centers.
- Plan for any necessary virtual machine downtime. After you update the clusters' compatibility versions during the upgrade, a new hardware configuration is automatically applied to each virtual machine once it reboots. You must reboot any running or suspended virtual machines as soon as possible to apply the configuration changes.
- Ensure your environment meets the requirements for Red Hat Virtualization 4.4. For a complete list of prerequisites, see the Planning and Prerequisites Guide.