Appendix B. Customizing the Manager virtual machine using automation during deployment
You can use automation to adjust or otherwise customize the Manager virtual machine during deployment by using one or more Ansible playbooks. You can run playbooks at the following points during deployment:
- before the self-hosted engine setup
- after the self-hosted engine setup, but before storage is configured
- after adding the deployment host to the Manager
- after the deployment completes entirely
- Write one or more Ansible playbooks to run on the Manager virtual machine at specific points in the deployment process.
Add the playbooks to the appropriate directory under
- Run the playbook before the self-hosted engine setup.
- Run the playbook after the self-hosted engine setup, but before storage is configured.
- Run the playbook after adding the deployment host to the Manager.
- Run the playbook after deployment is completed.
When you run the self-hosted-engine installer using either Cockpit or the command line, the deployment script runs the
ovirt-engine-setup role, which automatically runs any playbooks in either of these directories.
- Deploying the self-hosted engine using the command line
- Automating Configuration Tasks using Ansible
- Intro to playbooks in the Ansible documentation