Chapter 17. Setting up errata viewing with Red Hat Satellite
In the Administration Portal, you can configure Red Hat Virtualization to view errata from Red Hat Satellite in the Red Hat Virtualization Manager. After you associate your hosts, virtual machines, and the Manager with a Red Hat Satellite provider, you can receive updates about available errata and their importance, and decide when to apply them. For more information about Red Hat Satellite see the Red Hat Satellite Documentation.
Red Hat Virtualization 4.4 supports viewing errata with Red Hat Satellite 6.6.
- The Satellite server must be added as an external provider.
- The Manager, hosts, and virtual machines must all be registered in the Satellite server by their respective FQDNs. This ensures that external content host IDs do not need to be maintained in Red Hat Virtualization.
- The Satellite account that manages the Manager, hosts and virtual machines must have Administrator permissions and a default organization set.
The Manager must be registered to the Satellite server as a content host and have the
Configuring Red Hat Virtualization errata
To associate the Manager, host, and virtual machine with a Red Hat Satellite provider, complete the following tasks:
Viewing Red Hat Virtualization Manager errata
- Click → .
- Select the Security, Bugs, or Enhancements check boxes to view only those errata types.
- Section 10.5.3, “Setting up Satellite errata viewing for a host”
- Installing the Guest Agents, Tools, and Drivers on Linux in the Virtual Machine Management Guide for Red Hat Enterprise Linux virtual machines.
- Installing the Guest Agents, Tools, and Drivers on Windows in the Virtual Machine Management Guide for Windows virtual machines.
- Host Management Without Goferd and Katello Agent in the Red Hat Satellite document Managing Hosts.
- Section 10.5.23, “Viewing Host Errata”
- Configuring Satellite errata viewing for a virtual machine in the Virtual Machine Management Guide for more information.
- Viewing Red Hat Satellite errata for a virtual machine in the Virtual Machine Management Guide.