Chapter 4. Fast-forwarding Red Hat Virtualization from 4.1 to 4.3
Upgrading your environment from 4.1 to 4.3 involves the following steps:
- Make sure you meet the prerequisites.
- Update the hosts.
- Update the compatibility version of the clusters.
- Reboot any running or suspended virtual machines to update their configuration.
- Update the compatibility version of the data centers.
- Replace SHA-1 certificates with SHA-256 certificates.
- If you installed the technology preview version of Open Virtual Network (OVN) in 4.1, update the OVN provider’s networking plugin.
- Plan for any necessary virtual machine downtime. After you update the clusters' compatibility versions during the upgrade, a new hardware configuration is automatically applied to each virtual machine once it reboots. You must reboot any running or suspended virtual machines as soon as possible to apply the configuration changes.
- Ensure your environment meets the requirements for Red Hat Virtualization 4.3. For a complete list of prerequisites, see the Planning and Prerequisites Guide.
- Ensure the hosts have the correct repositories enabled. For the list of required repositories, see Enabling the Red Hat Virtualization Host Repository for RHVH, or Enabling the Red Hat Enterprise Linux host Repositories for RHEL host.