Chapter 1. Installation Overview
Installing a standalone Manager environment with remote databases involves the following steps:
- Install two Red Hat Enterprise Linux machines: one for the Manager, and one for the databases. The second machine will be referred to as the remote server.
- Register the Manager machine with the Content Delivery Network and enable the Red Hat Virtualization Manager repositories.
- Manually configure the Manager database on the remote server. You can also use this procedure to manually configure the Data Warehouse database if you do not want the Data Warehouse setup script to configure it automatically.
Configure the Red Hat Virtualization Manager using
- Install the Data Warehouse service and database on the remote server.
- If you want to use the websocket proxy to allow users to connect to virtual machines through the noVNC console, install it on the remote server.
- Connect to the Administration Portal to add hosts and storage domains.
Prepare storage to use for storage domains. You can use one of the following storage types:
- Add storage domains to the Manager.
Keep the environment up to date. See https://access.redhat.com/articles/2974891 for more information. Since bug fixes for known issues are frequently released, Red Hat recommends using scheduled tasks to update the hosts and the Manager.