Chapter 20. Deploying Insights in Red Hat Virtualization Manager
To deploy Red Hat Insights on an existing Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) system with Red Hat Virtualization Manager installed, complete these tasks:
- Register the system to the Red Hat Insights application.
- Enable data collection from the Red Hat Virtualization environment.
Register the system to Red Hat Insights
Register the system to communicate with the Red Hat Insights service and to view results displayed in the Red Hat Insights console.
[root@server ~]# insights-client --register
Enable data collection from the Red Hat Virtualization environment
/etc/ovirt-engine/rhv-log-collector-analyzer/rhv-log-collector-analyzer.conf file to include the following line:
View your Insights results
System and infrastructure results can be viewed in the Insights console. The Overview provides a view of current risks to your infrastructure. From this starting point, you can investigate how a specific rule is affecting your system, or take a system-based approach and see all the rules that pose a risk to the system.
Rulehits by severity to view rules by the
Total Riskthey pose to your infrastructure. Or
Rulehits by category to see the type of risk they pose to your infrastructure.
- Search for a specific rule by name, or scroll through the list of rules to see high-level information about risk, systems exposed, and availability of Ansible Playbook to automate the remediation.
- Click on a rule to see a description of the rule, learn more from relevant knowledge base articles, and view a list of systems at risk.
- Click on a system to see specific information about detected issues and steps to resolve the issue.