4.7. Configuring Red Hat Satellite Errata Management for a Virtual Machine
- The host that the virtual machine runs on also needs to be configured to receive errata information from Satellite. See Configuring Satellite Errata Management for a Host in the Administration Guide for more information.
- The virtual machine must have the ovirt-guest-agent package installed. This package allows the virtual machine to report its host name to the Red Hat Virtualization Manager. This allows the Red Hat Satellite server to identify the virtual machine as a content host and report the applicable errata. For more information on installing the ovirt-guest-agent package see Section 2.4.2, “Installing the Guest Agents and Drivers on Red Hat Enterprise Linux” for Red Hat Enterprise Linux virtual machines and Section 3.3.2, “Installing the Guest Agents and Drivers on Windows” for Windows virtual machines.
Procedure 4.13. Configuring Red Hat Satellite Errata Management
- Click the Virtual Machines tab and select a virtual machine.
- Click the Foreman/Satellite tab.
- Select the required Satellite server from the Provider drop-down list.