1.2. Graphical User Interface Elements
Figure 1.1. Key Graphical User Interface Elements
Key Graphical User Interface Elements
- HeaderThe header bar contains the name of the currently logged in user, the Red Hat Virtualization Administration Guide.button, the button, the button, and the button. The shows information on the version of Red Hat Virtualization, the button allows you to configure user roles, and the button provides a shortcut to the
- Search BarThe search bar allows you to build queries for finding resources such as hosts and clusters in the Red Hat Virtualization environment. Queries can be as simple as a list of all the hosts in the system, or more complex, such as a list of resources that match certain conditions. As you type each part of the search query, you are offered choices to assist you in building the search. The star icon can be used to save the search as a bookmark.
- Resource TabsAll resources can be managed using their associated tab. Moreover, the Events tab allows you to view events for each resource. The Administration Portal provides the following tabs: Dashboard, Data Centers, Clusters, Hosts, Networks, Storage, Disks, Virtual Machines, Pools, Templates, Volumes, Users, and Events.
- Results ListYou can perform a task on an individual item, multiple items, or all the items in the results list by selecting the items and clicking the relevant action button. Information on a selected item is displayed in the details pane.You can choose to display or hide table columns in the results list. To do this, right-click any table heading to display the column control menu, and select or deselect the appropriate heading title. The column control menu can also be used to rearrange the order of columns by dragging and dropping the column to the required position within the menu.
- Details PaneThe details pane shows detailed information about a selected item in the results list. If no items are selected, this pane is hidden. If multiple items are selected, the details pane displays information on the first selected item only.
- System/Bookmarks/Tags PaneThe System tree pane displays a navigable hierarchy of the resources in the virtualized environment. Bookmarks are used to save frequently used or complicated searches for repeated use. Bookmarks can be added, edited, or removed. Tags are applied to groups of resources and are used to search for all resources associated with that tag. The System/Bookmarks/Tags Pane can be minimized using the arrow in the upper right corner of the panel.
- Alerts/Events PaneThe Alerts tab lists all high severity events such as errors or warnings. The Events tab shows a list of events for all resources. The Tasks tab lists the currently running tasks. You can view this panel by clicking the maximize/minimize button.
- Refresh RateThe refresh rate drop-down menu allows you to set the time, in seconds, between Administration Portal refreshes. To avoid the delay between a user performing an action and the result appearing the portal, the portal will automatically refresh upon an action or event regardless of the chosen refresh interval. You can set this interval by clicking the refresh symbol in top right of the portal.