2.4. Connecting to the Administration Portal
- In a web browser, navigate to
https://your-manager-fqdn/ovirt-engine, replacing your-manager-fqdn with the fully qualified domain name that you provided during installation.
NoteYou can access the Administration Portal using alternate host names or IP addresses. To do so, you need to add a configuration file under
/etc/ovirt-engine/engine.conf.d/. For example:
# vi /etc/ovirt-engine/engine.conf.d/99-custom-sso-setup.conf SSO_ALTERNATE_ENGINE_FQDNS="alias1.example.com alias2.example.com"The list of alternate host names needs to be separated by spaces. You can also add the IP address of the Manager to the list, but using IP addresses instead of DNS-resolvable host names is not recommended.
- Click. An SSO login page displays. SSO login enables you to log in to the Administration and User Portals at the same time.
- Enter your User Name and Password. If you are logging in for the first time, use the user name
adminin conjunction with the password that you specified during installation.
- Select the domain against which to authenticate from the Domain list. If you are logging in using the internal
adminuser name, select the
- Click Log In.
- You can view the Administration Portal in multiple languages. The default selection will be chosen based on the locale settings of your web browser. If you would like to view the Administration Portal in a language other than the default, select your preferred language from the drop-down list on the welcome page.