8.2. Adding FCP Storage
Procedure 8.1. Adding FCP Storage
- Click theresource tab to list all storage domains.
- Click New Domain window.to open the
- Enter the Name of the storage domain.
Figure 8.1. Adding FCP Storage
- Use the Data Center drop-down menu to select an FCP data center.If you do not yet have an appropriate FCP data center, select
- Use the drop-down menus to select the Domain Function and the Storage Type. The storage domain types that are not compatible with the chosen data center are not available.
- Select an active host in the Use Host field. If this is not the first data domain in a data center, you must select the data center's SPM host.
ImportantAll communication to the storage domain is through the selected host and not directly from the Red Hat Virtualization Manager. At least one active host must exist in the system and be attached to the chosen data center. All hosts must have access to the storage device before the storage domain can be configured.
- The New Domain window automatically displays known targets with unused LUNs when Data / Fibre Channel is selected as the storage type. Select the LUN ID check box to select all of the available LUNs.
- Optionally, you can configure the advanced parameters.
- Click Advanced Parameters.
- Enter a percentage value into the Warning Low Space Indicator field. If the free space available on the storage domain is below this percentage, warning messages are displayed to the user and logged.
- Enter a GB value into the Critical Space Action Blocker field. If the free space available on the storage domain is below this value, error messages are displayed to the user and logged, and any new action that consumes space, even temporarily, will be blocked.
- Select the Wipe After Delete check box to enable the wipe after delete option. This option can be edited after the domain is created, but doing so will not change the wipe after delete property of disks that already exist.
- Select the Discard After Delete check box to enable the discard after delete option. This option can be edited after the domain is created. This option is only available to block storage domains.
- Clickto create the storage domain and close the window.
Lockedstatus while it is being prepared for use. When ready, it is automatically attached to the data center.