3.2. Upgrading to Red Hat Virtualization Manager 4.0
ovirt-engine-renameto rename the Manager only if the Manager has a different FQDN after the upgrade.
engine-setup. The settings for these package extensions are not migrated as part of the upgrade.
Procedure 3.1. Upgrading to Red Hat Virtualization Manager 4.0
- On Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager 3.6, back up the environment.
# engine-backup --scope=all --mode=backup --file=backup.bck --log=backuplog.log
- Copy the backup file to a suitable device.
- If the ISO storage domain is on the same host as the engine, back up the contents of
# cd /var/lib/exports/iso # tar zcf iso_domain.tar.gz UUIDThe ISO storage backup file will be restored after the upgrade, in Section 3.3, “Migrating the ISO Domain” .
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7. See the Red Hat Enterprise Linux Installation Guide for more information.
- Install Red Hat Virtualization Manager 4.0. See the Red Hat Virtualization Installation Guide.
- Copy the backup file to the Red Hat Virtualization Manager 4.0 machine and restore it.
# engine-backup --mode=restore --file=backup.bck --log=restore.log --provision-db --provision-dwh-db --restore-permissions
NoteIf the backup contained grants for extra database users, this command will create the extra users with random passwords. You must change these passwords manually if the extra users require access to the restored system. See https://access.redhat.com/articles/2686731.
--provision-dwh-dboption if the backup contains Data Warehouse data.Reports have been deprecated in Red Hat Virtualization 4.0 and will not be restored. See BZ#1340810 for more information.
- Install optional extension packages if they were installed on the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager 3.6 machine.
# yum install ovirt-engine-extension-aaa-ldap ovirt-engine-extension-aaa-misc ovirt-engine-extension-logger-log4j
NoteThe configuration for these package extensions must be manually reapplied because they are not migrated as part of the backup and restore process.
- Decommission the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager 3.6 machine if a different machine is used for Red Hat Virtualization Manager 4.0.
engine-setupto configure the Manager.
ovirt-engine-renameto rename the Manager only if the FQDN differs from the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager 3.6 machine, and follow the prompts to set the new details.
# subscription-manager repos --disable=rhel-7-server-rhev-mgmt-agent-rpms
# subscription-manager repos --enable=rhel-7-server-rhv-4-mgmt-agent-rpms