Show Table of Contents
Appendix E. Glossary
E.1. Product and project names
- Developer Launcher (developers.redhat.com/launch)
- developers.redhat.com/launch called Developer Launcher is a stand-alone getting started experience provided by Red Hat. It helps you get started with cloud-native development on OpenShift. It contains functional example applications that you can download, build, and deploy on OpenShift.
- Minishift or CDK
- An OpenShift cluster running on your machine using Minishift.
E.2. Terms specific to Developer Launcher
An application specification, for example a web service with a REST API.
Examples generally do not specify which language or platform they should run on; the description only contains the intended functionality.
- Examples Catalog
- A Git repository that contains information about example applications.
- A platform that executes an example application. For example, Thorntail or Eclipse Vert.x.