Chapter 3. Introduction to example applications
Examples are working applications that demonstrate how to build cloud native applications and services. They demonstrate prescriptive architectures, design patterns, tools, and best practices that should be used when you develop your applications. The example applications can be used as templates to create your cloud-native microservices. You can update and redeploy these examples using the deployment process explained in this guide.
The examples implement Microservice patterns such as:
- Creating REST APIs
- Interoperating with a database
- Implementing the health check pattern
You can use the examples applications as:
- Working demonstration of the technology
- Learning tool or a sandbox to understand how to develop applications for your project
- Starting point for updating or extending your own use case
- Externalizing the configuration of your applications to make them more secure and easier to scale
Each example application is implemented in one or more runtimes. For example, the REST API Level 0 example is available for the following runtimes:
The subsequent sections explain the example applications implemented for the Spring Boot runtime.