Chapter 2. Registration, attaching, and removing subscriptions in Subscription Manager
2.1. Registering and attaching a system in the Subscription Manager user interface
- Open the Subscription Manager user interface:
[root@server ~]# subscription-manager-gui
- Select the product you need to register, and click the Register button.
- By default, subscription Manager registers your system against the Red Hat Customer Portal. If you use a different registration proxy, configure it here. When you are ready to proceed, click the Next button.
- Enter your credentials for the Red Hat Customer Portal, and enter a name to differentiate the system from others attached to your account. Click Register.
- Click Attach to attach the system to the account. By default, Subscription Manager automatically attaches the system to a subscription that matches the system architecture.
- A physical system usually consumes two entitlements, whereas a virtual system consumes one.
- One entitlement is consumed per two sockets on a system.