2. Registering and Unregistering a System
2.1. Registering from the UI
- Open All Applications > Red Hat Subscription Manager.
- If the system is not already registered, then there will be abutton at the top of the window.
- Enter your Customer Portal username and password, and click Register. If you need to enter a custom host name, you can do so here.There are two different subscription services which use and recognize certificate-based subscriptions, and a system can be registered with either of them in firstboot:
- Customer Portal Subscription Management, hosted services from Red Hat (the default)
- Satellite 6, an on-premise service which handles both subscription services and content delivery
- When registration begins, Subscription Manager scans for organizations and environments (sub-domains within the organization) to which to register the system.IT environments that use Customer Portal Subscription Management have only a single organization, so no further configuration is necessary. IT infrastructures that use a local subscription service like Subscription Asset Manager might have multiple organizations configured, and those organizations may have multiple environments configured within them.If multiple organizations are detected, Subscription Manager prompts to select the one to join.
- With the default setting, subscriptions are automatically selected and attached to the system. Review and confirm the subscriptions to attach to the system.
- If prompted, select the service level to use for the discovered subscriptions.
- If prompted, enter the root password.
- Subscription Manager lists the selected subscription. This subscription selection must be confirmed by clicking thebutton for the wizard to complete.