Chapter 6. Additional Resources
This chapter provides references to other relevant sources of information about Red Hat Software Collections 2.4 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
6.1. Red Hat Product Documentation
The following documents are directly or indirectly relevant to this book:
- Red Hat Software Collections 2.4 Packaging Guide — The Packaging Guide for Red Hat Software Collections explains the concept of Software Collections, documents the
sclutility, and provides a detailed explanation of how to create a custom Software Collection or extend an existing one.
- Red Hat Developer Toolset 6.1 Release Notes — The Release Notes for Red Hat Developer Toolset document known problems, possible issues, changes, and other important information about this Software Collection.
- Red Hat Developer Toolset 6.1 User Guide — The User Guide for Red Hat Developer Toolset contains more information about installing and using this Software Collection.
- Using Red Hat Software Collections Container Images — This book provides information on how to use container images based on Red Hat Software Collections. The available container images include applications, daemons, databases, as well as the Red Hat Developer Toolset container images. The images can be run on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Server and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host.
- Get Started with Docker Formatted Container Images — This guide contains a comprehensive overview of information about building and using docker-formatted container images on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host.
- Using and Configuring Red Hat Subscription Manager — The Using and Configuring Red Hat Subscription Manager book provides detailed information on how to register Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems, manage subscriptions, and view notifications for the registered systems.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Deployment Guide — The Deployment Guide for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 provides relevant information regarding the deployment, configuration, and administration of this system.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 System Administrator's Guide — The System Administrator's Guide for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 provides information on deployment, configuration, and administration of this system.
6.2. Red Hat Developer Blog
Red Hat Developer Blog content is directed to designers and developers of applications based on Red Hat technologies. It contains links to product team blogs and other relevant internal and external resources. Its goal is to inform and engage the developer community with up-to-date information, best practices, opinion, product and program announcements as well as pointers to sample code and other resources.
6.3. Red Hat Developers Portal
Red Hat Developers Portal provides an overview of Red Hat Software Collections and offers getting started content, including Hello world! examples.