Chapter 6. Additional Resources
This chapter provides references to other relevant sources of information about Red Hat Software Collections 2.0 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
6.1. Red Hat Enterprise Linux Developer Program Group
Users of Red Hat Software Collections can access the Red Hat Enterprise Linux Developer Program Group in the Red Hat Customer Portal to get developer related information for the development tools available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux. In addition, users can find developer related papers and videos on topics that are of interest to developers, for example RPM building, threaded programming, performance tuning, debugging, and so on.
To visit the Red Hat Enterprise Linux Developer Program Group, log in to the Red Hat Customer Portal, click Products and Services at the top of the page, choose Services, and then Red Hat Enterprise Linux Developer Program from the list.
6.2. Red Hat Product Documentation
The following documents are directly or indirectly relevant to this book:
- Red Hat Software Collections 2.0 Packaging Guide — The Packaging Guide for Red Hat Software Collections explains the concept of Software Collections, documents the
sclutility, and provides a detailed explanation of how to create a custom Software Collection or extend an existing one.
- Red Hat Developer Toolset 3.1 Release Notes — The Release Notes for Red Hat Developer Toolset document known problems, possible issues, changes, and other important information about this Software Collection.
- Red Hat Developer Toolset 3.1 User Guide — The User Guide for Red Hat Developer Toolset contains more information about installing and using this Software Collection.
- Using and Configuring Red Hat Subscription Manager — The Using and Configuring Red Hat Subscription Manager book provides detailed information on how to register Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems, manage subscriptions, and view notifications for the registered systems.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Deployment Guide — The Deployment Guide for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 provides relevant information regarding the deployment, configuration, and administration of this system.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 System Administrator's Guide — The System Administrator's Guide for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 provides information on deployment, configuration, and administration of this system.
6.3. Red Hat Developer Blog
Red Hat Developer Blog content is directed to designers and developers of applications based on Red Hat technologies. It contains links to product team blogs and other relevant internal and external resources. Its goal is to inform and engage the developer community with up-to-date information, best practices, opinion, product and program announcements as well as pointers to sample code and other resources.