Chapter 8. Using a Red Hat Image Builder Image for Provisioning
In Satellite, you can integrate with Red Hat web console to perform actions and monitor your hosts. Using Red Hat web console, you can access Red Hat Image Builder and build images that you can then upload to Satellite and use this image to provision hosts.
For more information about integrating Red Hat web console with Satellite, see Host Management and Monitoring Using Red Hat web console in the Managing Hosts guide.
rsyncto copy the image using SSH to the base operating system of Satellite.
- On Satellite, create a custom product, add a custom file repository to this product, and upload the image to the repository. For more information, see Importing Individual ISO Images and Files in the Content Management Guide.
To use the Red Hat Image Builder image with Anaconda Kickstart in Satellite, complete the following steps:
- In the Satellite web UI, navigate to Configure > Host Groups, and select the host group that you want to use.
- Click the Parameters tab, and then click Add Parameter.
In the Name field, enter
- From the Type list, select string.
In the Value field, enter the absolute path or a relative path in the following format
custom/product/repository/image_namethat points to the exact location where you store the image.
- Click Submit to save your changes.
You can use this image for bare metal provisioning and provisioning using a compute resource.
For more information about bare metal provisioning, see Chapter 6, Using PXE to Provision Hosts. For more information about provisioning with different compute resources, see the relevant chapter for the compute resource that you want to use.