Chapter 4. Technology Preview Features
Technology Preview features are not supported with Red Hat production service-level agreements (SLAs) and might not be functionally complete. Red Hat does not recommend using them for production. These features provide early access to upcoming product features, enabling customers to test functionality and provide feedback during the development process. For more information, see Red Hat Technology Preview Features Support Scope.
The following features are available as Technology Previews in Red Hat Satellite:
- Container-native Virtualization plug-in
- Provisioning virtual machines with Container-native Virtualization.
- Kernel execution (kexec) template
- Kernel execution template for PXE-less boot methods.
- Integration with the Tracer tool, which monitors running processes and identifies if they need to be restarted due to package updates or similar activities.
- Common Access Card (CAC) authentication
- CAC authentication in Satellite through Red Hat Single Sign-On.