Chapter 2. Installation and Configuration Overview
For a virtual Red Hat Enterprise Linux server to request and be granted a VDC subscription, the virt-who daemon must be configured to connect to each virtualization manager or hypervisor and report hosted virtual machines to Red Hat Satellite Server 6. To establish these connections, complete the following tasks in order:
- Decide on a configuration that suits your environment.
- Review the virt-who daemon’s prerequisites and ensure that all have been met.
- If the virt-who daemon is not to be installed on either the Satellite Server or an external Capsule Server, install an instance of Red Hat Enterprise Linux for the purpose.
- Install the virt-who daemon.
- Establish connections between the virt-who daemon and your hypervisors.