5.3. Backing up and Restoring Capsule Server Using a Snapshot
- Using the
katello-backupscript as described in Section 5.1, “Backing up Satellite Server or Capsule Server”. The
katello-backupscript is convenient if your Capsule Server is a physical machine. You can also use the script if your Capsule Server is a virtual machine but it creates only a backup of the data and not the machine itself.
- Using the conventional backup methods as described in System Backup and Recovery in the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 System Administrator's Guide.
- Using the snapshot as described below.
certs-tar, alternately create new ones. Follow the procedures in Installing Capsule Server in the Red Hat Satellite 6 Installation Guide until you see in the web UI that the Capsule Server is connected to the Satellite Server. Then synchronize from the Satellite Server as described below.
Procedure 5.7. Synchronizing an External Capsule
- To synchronize an external Capsule, select the relevant organization and location in the web UI, or chooseand .
- Navigate to→ and click the name of the Capsule to synchronize.
- On the Overview tab, select .