Chapter 4. Users and Roles
4.1. Creating and Managing Users
4.1.1. Creating a User
Procedure 4.1. To Create a User:
- Navigate to→ and then click .
- On the User tab, enter the required details.
- On the Locations tab, select the required locations for this user.
- On the Organizations tab, select organizations accessible to this user. The current active organization is selected by default. If you specify multiple organizations, you can select the default organization for user login from the drop-down list.
- On the Roles tab, select the required roles for this user. Active roles are displayed in the right panel.
- Clickto create the user.
4.1.2. Editing a User
Procedure 4.2. To Edit an Existing User:
- Navigate to→ .
- Click the user name of the user to be altered. General information about the user will appear on the right.
- In thetab, you can modify the user's user name, first name, surname, email address, default location, default organization, language, and password.
- In thetab, you can modify the user's assigned locations.
- In thetab, you can modify the user's assigned organizations.
- In thetab, you can modify the user's assigned roles.
- Clickto save your changes.
4.1.3. Assigning Roles to a User
Procedure 4.3. To Assign a Role to a User:
- Navigate to Default Organization and then Any Organization. The organization view is changed to Any Context.→ . If a user account created is not listed, check that you are currently viewing the right organization. To list all users in Satellite, click
- Click the user name of the user that you want to modify. General information about the user appears on the right.
- Click thetab, and select a location if none is assigned.
- Click thetab, and check that an organization is assigned.
- Click thetab to display the list of available role assignments.
- Select role you want to assign to the user in the Roles list. The list contains the predefined roles, as well as any custom roles, see Table 4.1, “Predefined Roles Available in Red Hat Satellite”. Alternatively, select the Administrator check box to assign all available permissions to the selected user.
4.1.4. Configuring Email Notifications
Procedure 4.4. To Configure Email Notifications:
- Navigate to→ .
- Click the Username of the user you want to edit.
- On the User tab, check the Email address field. Ensure that it contains a valid email address. The address will be associated with the user account, and the notifications selected in the following steps will be sent there.
- Click the Email Preferences tab and select Mail enabled to enable email notifications.
- Select the notifications you want the user to receive.
To test email delivery to the email address associated with a user account, open the Satellite web UI, navigate to Email Preferences tab and click . A test email message is then sent immediately to the user's email address. If it does not arrive, first verify the user's email address, then the Satellite Server's email configuration, after which you may need to examine firewall and mail server logs.→ , click on the user name, click the
To verify that your subscription to selected email notifications is valid, you can have all periodic notifications sent to you on request. Note that it will trigger all notifications scheduled for the specified frequency, and affect all users who have subscribed to it. Sending on request notifications to individual users is currently not supported.
4.1.5. Removing a User
Procedure 4.5. To Remove a User:
- On the main menu, click Users page.→ to open the
- Click the Delete link to the right of the user name you want to delete.
- In the alert box, clickto delete the user.