Chapter 7. Monitoring Capsule Servers
7.1. Viewing General Capsule Information
- Is the Capsule Server running?
- This is indicated by a green icon in the Status column. A red icon indicates an inactive Capsule, use the
service foreman-proxy restartcommand on the Capsule Server to activate it.
- What services are enabled on the Capsule Server?
- In the Features column you can verify if the Capsule for example provides a DHCP service or acts as a Pulp node. Capsule features can be enabled during installation or configured in addition, see the Red Hat Satellite Installation Guide for details.
- What organizations and locations is the Capsule Server assigned to?
- A Capsule server can be assigned to multiple organizations and locations, but only Capsules belonging to the currently selected organization are displayed. To list all Capsules, selectfrom the context menu in the top left corner.
- Which hosts are managed by the Capsule Server?
- The number of associated hosts is displayed next to the Hosts managed label. Click the number to view the details of associated hosts.
- How much storage space is available on the Capsule Server?
- The amount of storage space occupied by the Pulp content in
/var/lib/mongodbis displayed. Also the remaining storage space available on the Capsule can be ascertained.