Chapter 1. Using the Red Hat Satellite Content Dashboard
- Content Host Subscription Status
- An overview of the subscriptions currently consumed by the hosts registered to Satellite. A subscription is a purchased certificate that unlocks access to software, upgrades, and security fixes for hosts. The following table shows the possible states of subscriptions.
Table 1.1. Host Subscription StatesStateDescriptionIcon
InvalidHosts that have products installed, but are not correctly subscribed. These hosts need attention immediately. PartialHosts that have a subscription and a valid entitlement, but are not using their full entitlements. These hosts should be monitored to ensure they are configured as expected. ValidHosts that have a valid entitlement and are using their full entitlements.Click the subscription type to view content hosts associated with subscriptions of the selected type.
- Latest Events
- A list of messages produced by hosts including administration information, product and subscription changes, and any errors.Monitor this section for global notifications sent to all users and to detect any unusual activity or errors.
- Sync Overview
- An overview of all products or repositories enabled in Satellite and their Synchronization status. All products that are in the queue for synchronization, are unsynchronized or have been previously synchronized are listed in this section. Click a product name to view the synchronization status.
- Host Collections
- A list of all host collections in Satellite and their status, including the number of content hosts in each host collection. Click a host collection name to view that host collection.
- Current Subscription Totals
- An overview of the current subscription totals that shows the number of active subscriptions, the number of subscriptions that expire in the next 120 days, and the number of subscriptions that have recently expired. Click the number to list subscriptions of the selected type.
- Content Views Overview
- A list of all Content Views in Satellite and their publish status.
- Errata Overview
- A list of all errata available for hosts registered to Satellite.
- Task Status
- A summary of all current tasks, grouped by their state and result. Click the number to go to the list of corresponding tasks.
- Latest Warning/Error Tasks
- A list of the latest tasks that have been stopped due to a warning or error. Click a task to see more details.
1.1. Managing Tasks
Procedure 1.1. To Adjust Timeout Settings:
- Navigate to→ .
- Enter %_timeout in the search box and click . The search should return four settings, including a description.
- In the Value column, click the icon next to a number to edit it.
- Enter the desired value in seconds, and click.
There was an issue with the backend service candlepin: Connection refused – connect(2).If the back-end service checking feature turns out to be causing any trouble, it can be disabled as follows.
Procedure 1.2. To Disable Checking for Services:
- Navigate to→ .
- Enter check_services_before_actions in the search box and click .
- In the Value column, click the icon to edit the value.
- From the drop-down menu, select false.