10.12. Removing a Host
The following procedure shows how to remove a host from Red Hat Satellite.
Procedure 10.17. To Remove a Host:
- Click Hosts → All hosts or Hosts → Content Hosts.
- Choose the hosts to be removed.
- Click Select Action and choose Delete Hosts from the drop-down menu.
- A confirmation pop-up box will appear. Select Yes to remove the host from Red Hat Satellite permanently.
If a host record that is associated with a virtual machine is deleted, the virtual machine will be deleted as well. To avoid deleting the virtual machine in this situation, disassociate the virtual machine from Satellite without removing it from the hypervisor.
Procedure 10.18. To Disassociate A Virtual Machine from Satellite without Removing it from a Hypervisor
- In the Satellite web UI, navigate to Hosts → All Hosts and select the check box to the left of the hosts to be disassociated.
- In the confirmation window:
- Optionally, select the check box to keep the hosts for future action.
- Click Submit to save your changes.