Chapter 8. Host Management and Monitoring Using RHEL Web Console
RHEL web console is an interactive web interface that you can use to perform actions and monitor Red Hat Enterprise Linux hosts. You can enable a remote-execution feature to integrate Satellite with RHEL web console. When you install RHEL web console on a host that you manage with Satellite, you can view the RHEL web console dashboards of that host from within the Satellite web UI. You can also use the features that are integrated with RHEL web console, for example, Red Hat Image Builder.
8.1. Enabling RHEL Web Console on Satellite
By default, RHEL web console integration is disabled in Satellite. If you want to access RHEL web console features for your hosts from within Satellite, you must first enable RHEL web console integration on Satellite Server.
Enable RHEL web console on your Satellite Server:
# satellite-installer --enable-foreman-plugin-remote-execution-cockpit
8.2. Managing and Monitoring Hosts Using RHEL Web Console
You can access the RHEL web console web UI through the Satellite web UI and use the functionality to manage and monitor hosts in Satellite.
- RHEL web console is enabled in Satellite.
RHEL web console is installed on the host that you want to view:
- Satellite or Capsule can authenticate to the host with SSH keys. For more information, see Section 12.13, “Distributing SSH Keys for Remote Execution”.
- In the Satellite web UI, navigate to Hosts > All Hosts and select the host that you want to manage and monitor with RHEL web console.
- In the upper right of the host window, click the vertical ellipsis and select Web Console.
You can now access the full range of features available for host monitoring and management, for example, Red Hat Image Builder, through the RHEL web console.
For more information about using Red Hat Image Builder through RHEL web console, see Accessing Image Builder GUI in the RHEL 8 web console or Accessing Image Builder GUI in the RHEL 7 web console.
8.3. Disabling RHEL Web Console on Satellite
Perform the following procedure if you want to disable RHEL web console on Satellite.
- In the Satellite web UI, navigate to Administer > Settings and click the Remote execution tab.
- In the Cockpit URL row, erase the setting under Value and click Submit. This removes the Web Console button from the Satellite web UI.
Uninstall the RHEL web console package from Satellite:
dnf remove rubygem-foreman_remote_execution-cockpitImportant
RHEL web console integration can be independently enabled or disabled on Capsule Servers. To prevent enabling RHEL web console integration on a Capsule Server, run the following command after completing the procedure: