Chapter 3. Attaching a Host-based Subscription to Hypervisors
Use this procedure to attach a host-based subscription, such as
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Virtual Datacenters, to hypervisors that are already registered to Red Hat Satellite.
To register a new hypervisor, ensure your host activation key includes a host-based subscription, then see Registering Hosts to Satellite in Managing Hosts. You must register a hypervisor before configuring virt-who to query it.
- Import a Subscription Manifest that includes a host-based subscription into Satellite Server.
- Ensure you have sufficient entitlements for the host-based subscription to cover all of the hypervisors you plan to use.
- In the Satellite web UI, navigate to Hosts > Content Hosts.
- In the Content Hosts list, select the check box next to the name of each hypervisor you want to attach the subscription to.
- From the Select Action list, select Manage Subscriptions.
- In the Content Host Bulk Subscriptions window, select a host-based subscription, then click Add Selected.
For CLI Users
On Satellite Server, list the available subscriptions to find the host-based subscription’s ID:
# hammer subscription list \ --organization-id organization_id
Attach the host-based subscription to a hypervisor:
# hammer host subscription attach \ --host host_name \ --subscription-id subscription_id
Repeat these steps for each hypervisor you plan to use.