Chapter 5. Using the Red Hat Satellite Content Dashboard
- Content Host Subscription Status
- An overview of the subscriptions currently consumed by the hosts registered to Satellite. A subscription is a purchased certificate that unlocks access to software, upgrades, and security fixes for hosts. The following table shows the possible states of subscriptions.
Table 5.1. Host Subscription StatesStateDescriptionIcon
Invalid SubscriptionsHosts that have products installed, but have not consumed a subscription. These hosts need attention immediately. Insufficient SubscriptionsHosts that have consumed a subscription and have a valid entitlement, but that are not consuming their full entitlements. These hosts should be monitored to ensure they are configured as expected. Current SubscriptionsHosts that have a valid entitlement and are consuming their full entitlements.Click the subscription type to view content hosts associated with subscriptions of the selected type.
- Latest Notifications
- A list of messages produced by hosts including administration information, product and subscription changes, and any errors. Click the gear button to change the number of notifications displayed.Monitor this section for global notifications sent to all users and to detect any unusual activity or errors.
- Sync Overview
- An overview of all products or repositories enabled in Satellite and their Synchronization status. All products that are in the queue for synchronization, are unsynchronized or have been previously synchronized are listed in this section. Click a product name to view the synchronization status. Click the gear button to change the number of notifications displayed.
- Host Collections
- A list of all host collections in Satellite and their status, including the number of content hosts in each host collection. Click a host collection name to view that host collection. Click the gear button to change the number of notifications displayed.
- Current Subscription Totals
- An overview of the current subscription totals that shows the number of active subscriptions, the number of subscriptions that expire in the next 120 days, and the number of subscriptions that have recently expired. Click the number to list subscriptions of the selected type.
- Content Views Overview
- A list of all Content Views in Satellite and their publish status. Click the gear button to change the number of notifications displayed.
- Errata Overview
- A list of all errata available for hosts registered to Satellite. Click the gear button to change the number of notifications displayed.