17.4. Granular Permission Filtering
field_name operator value
- field_name marks the field to be queried. The range of available field names depends on the resource type. For example, the Partition Table resource type offers family, layout, and name as query parameters.
- operator specifies the type of comparison between field_name and value. See Table 17.2, “Supported Operators for Granular Search” for an overview of applicable operators.
- value is the value used for filtering. This can be for example a name of an organization. Two types of wildcard characters are supported: underscore (_) provides single character replacement, while percent sign (%) replaces zero or more characters.
Table 17.2. Supported Operators for Granular Search
|=||Is equal to. An equality comparison that is case-sensitive for text fields.|
|!=||Is not equal to. An inversion of the = operator.|
|~||Like. A case-insensitive occurrence search for text fields.|
|!~||Not like. An inversion of the ~ operator.|
|^||Starts with. A case-insensitive search for text fields starting with a certain string.|
|!^||Does not start with. An inversion of the ^ operator.|
|>, >=||Greater than, greater than or equal to. Supported for numerical fields only.|
|<, <=||Less than, less than or equal to. Supported for numerical fields only.|
hostgroup = host-editors
Example 17.1. Creating an Organization-specific Manager Role
- Navigate to→ .
- Clone the existing Manager role. Select from the drop-down list next to the button. You are then prompted to insert a name for the cloned role, for example org-1 Manager.
- Click org-1 Manager to view the filters associated with the role. All filters are marked as unlimited.next to
- For each filter, click.
- If the filter contains the Organizations tab, navigate to it. Otherwise it is a global setting that cannot be limited.
- On the Organizations tab, select org-1. Click .
- The restricted filters are no longer marked as unlimited. Users assigned with the org-1 Manager role can now perform management tasks only in the selected organization.